Jocey’s 2016 Goals
Hey guys!! I wanted to share my goals for 2016 and how I break them down to ensure I stay accountable. I’ll keep you posted as I knock these off my list. Check back often and also sign up for my mailing list, I’ll let you know how it’s going.
- Lose 50 lbs – Yes I know this is a goal of all goals, something about losing weight. But hear my out! Before I found out I was pregnant with my son, I was 7 lbs away from my 50 lbs mark. You see I’ve always been on the chubby side + I’m kind of tired of it. No I don’t want to be skinny but I do want to be in a healthy range.
- In order to achieve this goal or at least start me out on this goal, I received for Christmas a fitness journal from my mom. I came across this journal while surfing my Facebook feed one day. This has got to be one of the best books I’ve ever picked up in my life. It has a complete 12 week plan and it not only focuses on my physical weight loss but also my mental health during the process. (accountability!)
- Complete the 3 Day Walk for a Cure in Philadelphia, PA – This will be my first time at this event and I’m super excited to join this event. Visit my fundraising page to find out why I’m so excited to complete this event.
- Exceed my $2300 fundraising goal for the 3 Day Walk for a Cure. If you want to help me exceed my goal visit bit.ly/3DaywithJocey
- Successfully plan three family and women focused events
- My first event I can share with you is a family Easter Egg Hunt. You will soon find out or you may already know if you follow me on social media or know me in real life, I love my family. They mean the absolute world to me and no I’m not just talking about my 1st cousins, but like a few generations of family. I have not one clue what a small family!
- Save $1000 – I listened to my heart as I wrote my goals. I plan to bless someone or a group of people with this money. I’m going to follow my heart and God’s leading as to what I’m supposed to do with the money I have saved. If you want to help me reach this goal visit my shop, all proceeds with go to this huge goal and will bless someone less fortunate.
- Payoff some debt – I have a plan and a budget. I’ve learned to be more conscious with my money over the last few years. It’s important. I want to retire in style and be able to purchase a home with no problems!!
- Stop being a procrastinator – I’m the queen of procrastination!!! A lot of people are procrastinators and they don’t even realize it because it’s their norm. So in my post No Resolutions: Setting Goals and Making 2016 My Best YEAR Yet, I talked about how I use a planner to help me stay on task, I also incorporated whiteboards at home. I put a calendar in my kitchen and I have a big white board above my desk so I can update my to do lists and keep everything right in front of me.
- Read 7 new books before the end of the year – I used to love to read and then I went to college and well you know, the leisurely reading went out the window. I want to get back to reading. A good book is better than a movie or television series. 7 books may seem like a small amount of books but I’m also in Grad school and I read a ton for my courses.
- Start with Why
- Volunteer at least once per quarter – thankfully my employer can help me make this happen. My company encourages it’s employees to volunteer, they give us 8 hours per month to use for volunteer time if it’s a volunteer event during our normal business hours. How great is that? I’m going to take full advantage of volunteer opportunities whether through my employer or with my family.
- First Quarter
- My second quarter opportunity is already taken care of, my cousin has decided to celebrate her birthday we will be feeding the homeless + providing them with care packages. I’m super excited about this!!!
- Spend more time with my family – I’m super big on family and in the last few years we have been a little distant or we spend a minimal amount of time together, I’m committing myself to plan events with my siblings, cousins, parents and of course my baby boy, his brother and my boyfriend.
Don’t forget to help me stay accountable, check in often to see how my goals are going!
Empower + Restore + Lead