Hey Guys! Wanted to stop for a second and give you an update on my 2016 Goals. I know we are almost at the end of the second quarter but I promise you I’ve been doing some good stuff.
- Lose 50 lbs – Let’s just go to the next goal. I’m going to the gym Monday. No really I am, I pay $20/m for the gym, I need to use that 20 bucks wisely
- Complete the 3-Day Walk for a Cure – October will be here before I know it.
- Exceed my $2300 fundraising goal for the 3 Day Walk for a Cure – so about that…I’m currently at $998, that’s about 43% of my goal. If you would like to help me make it $2300 or more visit my page bit.ly/3DaywithJocey. Oh and on June 16th, I’m hosting a fundraiser event with Paint Nite. Join me! (email me at email@example.com for more information)
- Successfully Plan three family and women focused events.
- I told you all about the first event, the Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun. I simply adore my family and I’m so grateful so many of us were able to show up with our babies and have a ball. There were a few little cousins who were able to reconnect or connect for the first time and my generation were all able to connect. It was so much fun to see three generations of family enjoying one another’s company and having so much fun!
- I’m still working on my other events and hope to have them by the end of 2016
- Save $1000 – I’m still working on this goal and pray I will be at that point by the end of 2016.
- Payoff some debt – This is still a work in progress. I must say for the first time in years, I’m completely paid up on my personal property taxes. I mean Henrico County is so lenient at times, I took advantage a few times. Don’t judge me
- Stop being a procrastinator – So this one…I’m still working on it, but I will say I have been using my planner more and keeping myself focused on getting tasks done. Except putting away the clean laundry, I’m convinced I need a maid.
- Read 7 new books
- After You by Jojo Moyes – This book is love!! I’m completely enjoying this reading. I hope to be able to share a review with you in a few weeks. But while you wait, head over to my Amazon Store and grab this book and dive it, you won’t regret this purchase or read at all.
- As for my other 6 books to include Start With Why, I will be reading and recapping as I go, so if you want to join in on my reading adventure I will definitely keep you posted and tell you the books ahead of time. Keep a look out in your inboxes and on the blog for updates, recaps and new reads.
- Volunteer at least once per quarter. –
- First Quarter – I joined my Associate Engagement Team at work this year and was able to go to the Central VA Food Bank. We were able to help prepare meals for the Meals on Wheels program
- Second Quarter – So you remember when I said I was joining my cousin for her birthday? I ended up only being able to donate items because I was out at Varina High School vending, meeting new friends and promoting HeyJocey. But I did actually spearhead an initiative for my department to collect items for homeless care packages for the Homeless Point of Entry of Richmond. We were able to package together over 200 packages and gave them a ton of extras. It felt really good to be able to give back to my community and it was so much fun.
- Spend more time with my family – I can honestly say, I’ve taken more time out to spend with my boyfriend and the boys as well as my parents and cousins. Since it’s Memorial Day weekend I took off a few days to spend with my son. He is the absolute best! We hung out at Romp N Roll, had brunch, visited with his Auntie Nana (My mom’s oldest sister) and spend time with his GodNommie. I’m looking forward to more family fun this weekend and the weeks to come. WE have planned a week of vacation around the kids and the things they want to do in the summer. (I’ll keep you updated)
Now you see I have done a lot in the last few months and most of it I haven’t even covered here. I hope to be able to bring you all along on more of my journeys through life, work and purpose.